Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tax policy...I am so confused

So...when I get time, I am going to have to read the text of what all this hub bub about taxes & tax cuts going to this and that. Some folks say it is a kin to making the tax cuts to the rich permanent. Others are saying it was brilliant setting up the conservatives for a Waterloo type moment come 2012. (now you can see why I need to read it).

Of course there is no guarantee that what is on the table is what will be the final version of tax reform. I do know this. There are people in America who are really, really, really suffering. I am sure some more folks will end up homeless simply from the hold up or inaction up to this point.

I also believe that the ultra wealthy were to not receive a tax break of 700 billion, over the next few years. I do know that one could buy a Mercedes SL500 (I think that is the model) which is $83k (could be a different model, but you get the point). The ultra wealthy could also by another one every year for the next ten years. Now really....wouldn't that money be better spent to fix the roads that we all currently drive on and encounter potholes and other obstacles that could take down a hummer,

Well....until I educate myself on this one that is really all I have to say, I don't like to go on and on about stuff I have not vetted first.

So Merry Xmas, to those that got a check from the government ...you have achieved a few more days on this earth with something to eat. That's something.

Jezebel

No comments:

Post a Comment