Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tax Compromise

Well folks, first let me apologize for posting this from my phone from the karaoke bar on Tuesday....but hey...slow night.

I have very mixed feelings about this tax compromise that is working it's way through the labrynth known as the legislature.
In some ways I can see that in today's political environment it may have been the best deal the president could make just before the republicans take over. I am sure it would be much worse after the next congress is sworn in. There are extensions for unemployment benefits and other good things for Dems.

I just can't believe our country is so jacked that extending tax breaks for people who dint need them has got to be part of the deal. How much is enough. How much poverty and suffering do we have to go through before collectively we unite and stop the powers that be.

I was exstacted about Bernie Saunders and his "real" filibuster over it. This is what the democrats should have required the republicans to do for everything the blocked in the senate.

There were over 400 pieces of legislation that passed the house and went to the senate to die. As far as I am concerned Nancy Pelosim has been the most effective speaker in the history of congress.

It's just a shame that the republicans only agenda is to see Obama fail even if it means the country and millions of people suffer and die. That is just shameful. However the republicans can not be shamed. They just can't.

So now that we as a society did not do our part and gave the president what he needed which was more democrats not less in our last election, we have to take a long look in the mirror and ask ourselves why we are so he'll bent on self
Destruction.'

I keep coming back tomthe media, the messaging and people just not understanding that elections have consequences.

However I tfeel it is a reflection of how deep the reality of racism and small
Mindeness come together with money, media & fringe groups that hog the news and are given far much credit then they deserve.

I am truly worried about the future of this country. I hope I am wrong...but there seems to be doom and gloom ahead. Although sometimes split governments can produce results. Piece out.

No comments:

Post a Comment